I received an email from a local nonprofit organization about its annual giving campaign, and I clicked to visit its campaign landing page. The content is not clear to me that where the money goes. Well, there are a couple of programs are listed on the landing page, but they didn’t tell users the following critical information:
- Why the program is important.
- How the program will help the community.
Design and usability of the landing page matters
One of the main goals of nonprofits website is attracting donors and raising fund to support their programs and services. If users struggle to understand the organization’s mission, how their money will be used, they will unlikely donate toward to the organization.
In this video, I wanted to explain why users were having a difficult time understanding of the organization’s mission and how their donation will be used.
My challenge is to fix its landing page and based on my following design principals.
- Tell why the program is so important.
- Tell what the program’s goal is.
- Tell how the program is going to help or helped.
- Put real stories/Testimonials (Social proof).
- Design an easy process for online donation.
- Add partners, sponsors, and endorsements (Optional).
The below image is my quick mockup of the fundraising landing page.